Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Annie Liebovitz in Stockholm




Last Friday was the big opening of "Fotografiska", a museum exhibiting the very best of international photographical art in Stockholm. Current exhibits include such famous photographers as Annie Liebovitz, Vee Speers and Lennart Nilsson.

I have been a huge fan of Liebowitz for as long as I can remember, so naturally I was thrilled to read that she would be exhibiting her life work in Stockholm. One of my clients had received an invitation to the big opening event where Ms. Liebowitz herself would be present... oh. how I wish I had gotten that invite!

I went on Sunday and the show was amazing. I also really enjoyed the gorgeous brick building it was held in which used to be an old warehouse. It´s situated right by the water with incredible views over the city. One of my favorite pictures has always been the photo of a very pregnant Demi Moore, which graced the cover of Vanity Fair back in the early nineties. This photo along with so many others were even more breathtaking up-close and I could happily walk out with any of them under my arm....
I wonder how much one would cost... if they were ever for sale that is....

No comments:

Post a Comment